Before you come to clean a skateboard, you should give importance to how to clean your skateboard with your initiative. It is good to know that the cleaning process of skateboards involves the cleaning of multiple types of equipment used in the skateboard.
Suppose if you want to have a good speed in your skateboard, you have to come to know how to clean your skateboard hardware. Similarly, if you like to keep the deck of your skateboard dirt-free, you have to give importance to how to clean a dirty skateboard.
You can't clean your skateboard efficiently if you are a new skateboard player. The reason behind that is you may not have sufficient knowledge. But for that, you need not be worried as we are beside you.
Please stay on this for a couple of minutes as we are going to focus on an article concerned with fruitful information regarding the cleaning process of the skateboard.
Let's have a look at the below details.
How to clean your skateboard step-by step?
Generally, like a skateboard player, you come to clean your skateboard from time to time because the skateboard cleaning provides you neat & clean skateboard deck, easy to move bearing, a fresh trucking system, and many more advantages. You can do these processes with your effort but for that, you need to know how to clean a dirty skateboard under an experienced person.
The cleaning processes for a complete skateboard come in many ways. Take a look below.
1. How to clean your skateboard bearings?
Before you come to clean skateboard bearings, you should know the reason why you need to clean the skateboard bearings.
The thing is that over time, dust and grit get an attachment with the skateboard's bearings. As a result of that, your skateboard suffers from sick movement. Sometimes, the bearings do not work to push the wheels. That means the skateboard becomes inactive.
At the initial stage, you need to remove skateboard wheels using a socket wrench and a ratchet. In that time, you have to free the bearings from the wheels. With a screwdriver, you gently pry out the bearings. Even you can come to use needle-nose pliers instead of a screwdriver.
For best benefits, you can use a thick metal rod or a speed ring to remove the skateboard bearings.
If you come to do the best cleaning process for skateboard bearings, then you should go through some processes.
- The cleaning process of skateboard bearings should come with your gentle effort. Gently you need to rub the bearings with dry paper or a towel in need of eliminating all the filthy things. Even you can come to apply an amount of solvent or paper towel for the better cleaning.
- Just put the bearings in a clean bucket filled with acetone or a grease cleaning solvent. Even you can put the bearings into the mineral spirits or rubbing alcohol as the solution works better.
- Now take the bearings in hand and come to use a small and thin object such as a pin or paperclip to pry the number shield from the bearing.
- At this time, you need to put the bearings into the cleaning solution for five minutes just to swirl the bearings.
- This is the last stage where you need to dry the bearings. In need of best work, you just put down the bearings on a paper towel or a rag.
2. How to clean your skateboard grip tape?
After a long gap, the grip tape of your skateboard comes to be peeling or very slippery in some of the areas. At that time, you should clean your skateboard grip tape. For the best cleaning of skateboard grip tape, the processes are two types. Let's have a look below.
Cleaning process of traditional skateboard grip tape:
With the use of a piece of rubber called 'Grip Gum', you can feel better get surface grime off grip tape. Even you use the cheaper rubber.
The cleaning system of Longboard Grip Tape
- Scrubbing for Grip Tape – Take half a cup of window cleaner or water. Put the wire brush into the solution and start to scrub the grip tape. Do the brushing from one end of the board to the other end just to get rid of all the dirt.
- Dry the surface – Just take a large microfiber cloth to dry the grip tape before the work. For the best drying, you need to lay the cloth on top of the deck and come to pat it just to separate the tape. Put the cloth on the grip take three or four hours to dry completely.
3. How to clean your skateboard wheels?
i. Before cleaning the skateboard wheels, you should come to remove the wheels from the axle. At first, you turn the skateboard over in such a way that the skateboard comes with wheels facing up. Use 0.5 inches socket wrench for twisting and removing the axle nuts. Now just pull out the wheels one after another.
ii. Put wheels, nuts, washers, and others together in a safe place for future use.
iii. In need of praying the bearings, you need to grab one wheel and put a metal rod for removing bearings out of the wheels. After all, you need to pry all four wheels and keep wheels and bearings separately.
iv. Now, this is your time to wipe off the dirt from the wheels with a rag. In that time, with your fingers, you come to loosen rocks or gravel from the upper portion of the wheels.
v. Now soak the wheels in a bucket full of warm water mixed with 2tsp dish soap.
vi. Take the wheels out of the soapy water and make them sparkly and clean by rag or toothbrush.
vii. At the last stage, you need to take a separate rag just to wipe the wheels off for drying. Even you can put the wheels in a windy place.
4. How to clean your skateboard trucks?
First, you need to remove the wheels. In that case, just unscrew the system on the top of your deck. Now come to take the kingpin off. This is the time when you can fall the truck apart. Start to clean the parts removing sand and dust and even rust if there is one on the truck.
Now put trucks along with parts on the open space for drying.
As the best skating performer, you should know how to clean your skateboard as to keep your skateboard active, you will have to clean your skateboard with your initiative. It is true to say that your skateboard may come to be cleaned under the supervision of a technical team. If you get the right information with good satisfaction, then please share this article with your dearest and nearest one.
I am Sanjit Kumar Sen. I am a sports lover. Sports give me a full phase of entertainment and make me energetic. Though I like all kinds of sports more or less, skating I like and love as the best one. I do skating and most probably skating activity has been running in my life for a couple of days. My personal experience regarding skating I like to share through my written articles for skating lovers and beginners for skating. If my article makes you satisfied, I like your little bit of effort for sharing.