Table Of Contents
- 1 Types Of The Wheels As Per The Skating Styles:
- 2 Best Wheels For Outdoor Roller Skating In 2021
- 3 1.Moxi Skates - Classic - Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels:
- 4 2.Radar Wheels - Halo - Roller Skate Wheels: 4 Pack
- 5 3.RollerBones Team Logo Recreational Roller Skate Wheels:
- 6 4.RollerBones Team Logo 101A Recreational Roller Skate Wheels:
- 7 5.Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels Luminous Light Up:
- 8 6.Sure-Grip Boardwalk Outdoor Wheels:
- 9 7.ILMU Roller Skate Wheels:
- 10 What are the qualities of a good quality roller skate wheel?
- 11 Conclusion:
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions:
Are you an entry-level skater? Can't decide which one are the best wheels for outdoor roller skating? Then, you have come to the right place. For the newbie skaters, it's very complicated to determine which one is the Best outdoor roller skate wheel. That's why today we have come with this blog.
A good roller skate wheel must be flexible enough and should permit you to enjoy a mellifluous ride. Which kinds of wheels will be perfect for you that totally depends on your skating style and the terrain on which you are skating.
As per our skating experts' opinions, in this article, we have given the top 7 outdoor wheels for roller skates. Along with this, we have given a buying guide too that will assist you to identify the right wheels. To get detailed information, check out the entire article.
Our Top Picks Updated!
Types Of The Wheels As Per The Skating Styles:
According to our skating experts, wheels play a vital role to improve your skating skills, and experience. So, if you are a beginner skater, make sure that you have picked the exact wheels set.
- If you are a roller derby skater, you need to get maximum ankle flexibility. In that case, large and hard wheels can come in your favor. Such wheels can offer enough grip on the surface. By using such kinds of wheels, along with enjoying speedy riding, you will be able to accelerate and brake rapidly.
- On the other hand, ramp skaters have plenty of choices for their set-up. The small and round edges wheels are hard enough, perfect for sliding.
- Are you an artistic skater? Then you need to go for the hard wheels that are designed especially for indoor skating. These kinds of wheels are small in size. But always remember that becoming an artistic skater is not so easy. You need to be trained by skating specialists and need to practice for years.
- If it comes to say about the roller dancers, then they are split into several skating styles. The jam skaters need to perform breakdancing on the skates. Whereas Rhythm skaters need to be aware of the skating as well as gliding tricks. The rhythm skaters need cylindrical wheels that come with defined edges. These small wheels are manufactured mainly for performing indoor movements and tricks.
Here, we are going to discuss what are the best outdoor roller skate wheels. Let's check out to know more.
Best Wheels For Outdoor Roller Skating In 2021
1.Moxi Skates - Classic - Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels:
Don't worry. As we are going to introduce you to one of the best outdoor roller skate wheels for beginners. Among the skate wheels category, the brand Moxi is reigning in the market.
Whether you want to go for a long-term usable product that can offer enough grip on any kind of surface, then don't hesitate twice before buying these wheels.
If you are in need of speedy wheels, then this one can offer you just an incredible performance. No matter on which kind of surface you are skating - you are going to enjoy a mellifluous and smooth-riding ever.
Moreover, if you are a newbie skater and want to improve your skills with the best roller skate wheels for outdoor, then we can assure you that purchasing these wheels will be the right decision. Besides, these wheels are very quick responsive.
Sometimes it happens that skaters want to adorn their board with a pair of the same colored wheels. If you belong to the category of these kinds of skaters, then dear, your tension will end here. Why are we saying that? Because Moxi launched these wheel models in a lot of eye-catching colors.
If you are willing to enjoy a mellifluous ride on a sidewalk or pavement, then these wheels will just be an incredible pick. You can get these wheels in 40 mm × 65 mm size. If you are in need of superior quality wheels at a budget-friendly price, then we will recommend you no to think twice before purchasing these wheels.
It was the year 2008 when this brand is manufacturing these high-quality wheels that can add colorful spin to your skateboard. Whether you are willing to skate on the street, skate park, you are going to enjoy unprecedented grip and smoothness while skating. Are you excited to check out the specifications of these wheels? Let's check out.
Mind-blowing features of these Best wheels for outdoor roller skating:
Perfect for the long run: There is nothing to say about the product of this brand Moxi. Because as much we will say it will be less. If you don't want to waste your money again and again by purchasing new wheels set, then these wheels will be a perfect pick for you. These ones are perfect for the long run. The superior quality durable wheels will offer you a fantastic grip on any kind of surface.
Smooth rolling: These wheels are engineered in such a way so that it can reduce friction. Along with this, it helps to increase the speed of the rider.
If you are a recreational outdoor skater, then these ones will be a perfect pick for you. Now you can enjoy a mellifluous ride without getting any vibration. If you are an entry-level skater and want to improve your skills, then purchasing these wheels will be a spanking decision.
These ones are made of gummy urethane that permits the wheels to roll in a mellifluous way. No matter which style you prefer, you can undoubtedly go for these Moxi Classic Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels.
The hardness of the wheels: These wheels come with 78A hardness. And every wheel measures 40 mm × 65 mm. Each set comes in a pack of eight.
By using these wheels you can get a comfortable ride along with enhancing your skills. These wheels are available in six colors: pink, teal, lavender, honeydew, clementine, and pineapple.
2.Radar Wheels - Halo - Roller Skate Wheels: 4 Pack
The brand Radar is prominent due to innovating superior quality wheels. These ones are designed especially for roller derby. Near about two years of research, the innovators have introduced this wheels set. By innovating high-quality models, this brand is reigning in the skating industry for a few years.
These good outdoor roller skates come with H-shaped hubs. These hubs are engineered especially for offering optimal performance. As a result, you will be able to take sudden stops whenever you want.
The halo hubs come with oversized inner and outer rings. This helps to make the wheels highly responsive. The middle of the hubs offers the riders enough grip and offers enough control. These wheels are specially designed for modern derby.
These Best wheels for outdoor roller skating consist of Neothane that makes the wheels long-term usable. Consequently, the wheels will create low friction. The superior quality material helps to roll the wheels smoothly. Thus, you can enjoy a comfortable ride.
As these wheels are made of Neothane, these ones are extremely light in weight and permit the rider to enjoy a speedy ride. The hardness of the wheels makes this product compatible with any kind of skating style.
As these wheels come in several colors you can adorn your skateboard with your desired color of wheel pair. Whether you are an indoor skater or outdoor, these wheels will fulfill your needs easily. Here, we are going to elude the reasons why you should purchase these best outdoor inline skate wheels. Let's have a look.
Mind-blowing features of these Best wheels for outdoor roller skating:
- Long-term usable: These outdoor roller skate wheels consist of durable Neothane. As a result, you can use these wheels for an extended period.
- Designed for especially speedy riders: As these wheels are extremely light in weight, the superior components help to reduce the friction and maximize the speed.
- Highly responsive: The wheels are featured with H-shaped hubs. As a result, you can take sudden stops. The premium components of the wheels help to roll smoothly on any kind of surface. These ones come in 59 mm × 38 mm size.
- Colors: You can get these wheels in ten different colors, and hardness that is compatible with any kind of skateboard. These are purple 84A, orange 86A, teal 88A, yellow 91A, pink 93A, blue 95A, green 97A, white 99A, black 101A, and gray 103A.
They have replaced a transparent TDI formula. This brand was launched in Santa Barbara, California. From then till now, they are trying to innovate upgraded models. These Recreational Roller Skate Wheels are the illustration of the mastermind and high technology that the brand has applied to design the wheels.
These high rebound indoor wheels are specially designed for recreational and artistic skating. As the hardness of the wheels is medium, it permits the rider to enjoy a mellifluous ride. No matter what kind of surface you are skating on, these wheels will offer incredible grip.
The good thing about these skate wheels is they are compatible with any kind of skating style. Not only this but also if you are an aggressive skater, then these ones will be perfect picks for you.
No matter where you want to use these wheels, - it can be indoor or outdoor. You are going to enjoy the outstanding performance on all kinds of surfaces. Both for skating professionals and beginners, these wheels are an unexampled choice. Without wasting further time, let's have your eyes on the special features of these wheels.
Mind-blowing features of these Best outdoor roller skate wheels:
- Advanced technology: The brand has been designed in such a way so that it can last long. These wheels are medium-hard. These high rebound wheels are absolutely perfect for recreational and artistic skating.
- Price range: Are you looking for cost-effective wheels set? Then these wheels will be the exact ones for you.
- Awesome grip: These artistic wheels are designed in such a way so that they can roll smoothly and offer unprecedented grip on any kind of surface.
- Hardness: These wheels come with 57 mm and 62 mm diameter. And the hardness of the wheels is 98A and 101A. These best outdoor skate wheels are available in black, pink, white, and blue color. If you purchase these wheels set, you will get a pack of eight wheels.
4.RollerBones Team Logo 101A Recreational Roller Skate Wheels:
It can be said that this is the finest skateboard brand that produces superior skate products. Along with innovating new models, this brand is enhancing the quality of the products too.
If we come to say about the specifications of these wheels, then it can be said that these ones are quite similar to the previous model.
Are you an indoor skater? Then these indoor-outdoor roller skate wheels are highly recommended for you. Nowadays a lot of products are available in the market. That's why it's become really very difficult to choose which one is the superior one. In that case, we can say that you can blindly trust the RollerBones Team Logo 101A Recreational Roller Skate Wheels.
The wheels are designed in such a way so that they can roll smoothly. Compared to the previous model, these Best wheels for outdoor roller skating are available in more colors.
For those who love speedy riding, these ones are specially designed for them. Furthermore, the incredible grip and control that offers the wheels can make your riding hassle-free. These high rebound wheels can make your skating journey incredible.
Even you don't need to spend too much money to buy these skate wheels, as these ones are available at a very pocket-friendly price. Especially on the rink floor, these wheels offer a fantastic grip. Now have your eyes on the below-described features that make the product exceptional.
Mind-blowing features of these Best wheels for outdoor roller skating:
- Size: The previous model of the Roller Bones was available in only one size. But in the case of this model, the manufacturers tried to upgrade the features of the model. You can get these best outdoor quad roller skate wheels in two sizes: 57 mm and 62 mm. That means for the adult skates, these wheels are ideal.
- The hardness of the wheels: Those who prefer aggressive skating on the park need models that are not so sticky and can offer a fantastic sliding experience. In that case, we will recommend you to try these best roller skate wheels at least once.
Compared to the previous model, the hardness of this model is high. But if you want to use the wheels for outdoor, then you will need soft ones. In that case, wheels having a 78A or 85A durometer will be ideal for you.
- Mellifluous ride: No matter what kind of the terrain is - these skate wheels can offer you outstanding grip. As a result, you can enjoy a smooth riding experience.
- Color: These wheels are available in six eye-catching colors such as black, blue, pink, purple, green, white. As a result, you can customize your skateboard as per your requirements.
5.Outdoor Roller Skate Wheels Luminous Light Up:
The innovation of the luminous wheels brought a revolutionary change in the skate wheels industry. These kinds of wheels are very dazzling. In the old luminous wheels, the LED lights remain embedded in the wheels' center.
But in the newly designed models, you will get to see that the LED lights are embedded in the outer faced edge. These kinds of wheels come in medium hardness.
The diameter of these best wheels for outdoor roller skating is 58 mm. Remember, if the wheels come with a larger diameter, then you will be able to accelerate fast. Along with these larger diameter wheels offer speedy riding.
These luminous wheels come with a bright LED that remains embedded in the colorful urethane. This light makes the wheels glowing. When you will skate at high speed, these wheels will give sparkly brightness.
Basically in these wheels, there remains a dynamo in the middle portion of the wheels. The dynamo is embedded between the bearings and illuminates the wheels. You don't need to buy batteries to lighten up the wheels. Because when you move, the wheels will light up automatically.
If you are going to purchase these kinds of illuminating wheels, then here is a tip for you. Sometimes it happens that the axle nut needs to be overtightened. But make sure that then you have loosened them a little bit so that the dynamo can work properly. These wheels come with thick hubs.
Especially if you are skating on the street, these wheels will help to grab the attention of the people. On the other hand, these wheels come with an extra advantage.
Sometimes it happens that you are listening to your favorite tunes by putting on your earphones while skating in the busy surroundings. In that case, when the wheels get illuminated, it helps to grab the attention of the surrounding people.
Here, we have given elaborated information about these luminous wheels. Let's figure it out.
Mind-blowing features of these best outdoor light up roller skate wheels:
- Size: These Best wheels for outdoor roller skating come in 32 mm × 58 mm size. You can get these wheels in pink color.
- Hardness: The wheels consist of super-durable urethane. As a result, you can get an unprecedented grip. Whether you skate on the street, rink, or sidewalk, you can enjoy a mellifluous performance by using these high rebound wheels. The hardness of these outdoor skate wheels is 82A.
- Components: The superior construction of these wheels make this product perfect for the long run. If you want to use these skate wheels for indoor skating or park skating, then you are most welcome. You can do so undoubtedly. Even on the asphalt road, these wheels can offer you awe-inspiring performance.
- Performance: These best outdoor light up roller skate wheels help to reduce the friction and increase the speed of the riders on any kind of surface.
- These best quad skate wheels for outdoors permits the rider to enjoy the comfort and moderate speedy riding. Furthermore, the bright LED light makes the wheels sparking and gorgeously illuminated.
- Additional Equipment: Along with these wheels set, the manufacturers offer two packs of 608 bearings and one core for the wheels.
6.Sure-Grip Boardwalk Outdoor Wheels:
'Sure-grip' - the ability of these wheels is clandestine in the name of the brand. The brand super grip has been producing superior quality wheels for more than seventy-five years.
It was the year 1936 when John L. Wintz who is a machinist decided to manufacture the skate wheels. Along with producing the skate wheels, he manufactured a company.
The wheels that he manufactured in that period were made of phenolic that comes with rubber inlay. That wheel offered more grip compared to the other skate wheels that were available at that time. Thus, the name of the brand was decided 'Sure-grip'.
From then till now this brand is manufacturing the wheels. Even in 1937, the company was known as Sure-grip Skate wheel Co. But in 1970, the brand changed its name to 'Sure-grip International.'
These skate wheels are also a fantastic illustration of this brand. If you are an entry-level skater, these ones will be a smart pick for you. As these wheels are designed with superior quality components, these ones are perfect for outdoor usages. These wheels come with nylon hubs. Without making a further delay, let's check the features of the outdoor skate wheels.
Mind-blowing features of these Best wheels for outdoor roller skating:
- Hardness: The durometer of these outdoor wheels is 78A. These soft outdoor roller skate wheels permit the rider to enjoy a smooth riding experience.
- Size: These wheels come in 65 mm size that offers a mellifluous ride. These ones are available in eight packs.
- Colors: These wheels are available in three bright jelly colors. These colors are pink, purple, and red.
- Performance: Whether the terrain is even or uneven, you can enjoy outstanding grip and mellifluous performance.
7.ILMU Roller Skate Wheels:
Here, we have come with the last product of this Best wheels for outdoor roller skating list. Do you want to make your skateboarding journey more enjoyable? Then you can go for these wheels.
These luminous wheels can give your skateboard a cool and eye-catching look.
If you want to purchase wheels at a low cost, then these wheels set can be ideal for you. The superior quality components of these wheels make the wheels long-term usable.
Whether you want to use these wheels for indoor skating or outdoor skating, these wheels can offer you incredible performance. Here, we are going to elaborate on the special features of these indoor-outdoor roller skate wheels.
Mind-blowing features of these Best outdoor roller skate wheels:
- Size: These wheels come in 32 mm × 58 mm size. You can get four wheels in a pack.
- Price range: The manufacturers have set the price range very budget-friendly so that skaters of all types of financial ability can buy these skate wheels.
- Durable: These wheels are made of polyurethane polymer synthetic that makes the wheels long-term usable, and wear-resistant.
- Performance: By reducing the friction on the ground, these wheels help the skaters to enjoy mellifluous riding. If you want to increase your sliding speed, then purchasing these wheels will be a smart pick for you.
You can use these wheels for indoor skating, Roller Derby. If you want to use these skate wheels on concrete or sports tiles, then you can do so undoubtedly.
- Additional Equipment: Along with the set of the wheels the brand offers eight packs of 608 bearings and four packs for the skate wheels.
- Color: You can get these illuminating wheels in black, and blue color. The hardness of the wheels is 82A.
- Customer service: If the customers face any problem regarding the wheels, they can call the service center. Along with offering satisfactory service to the customers, the brand also assures that if the customers feel that they are gratified with the wheels, they will get a full refund.
What are the qualities of a good quality roller skate wheel?
Before purchasing the new skate wheels set, it's very essential to understand which features you need to look for in the wheels set. Here, we have given a few tips that will assist you to choose the right one.
1. The hardness of the wheels and the kind of surface on which you will skate:
Among the attributes of the wheels, one of the most significant is the hardness. You may think why considering the wheels' hardness is important. Here is your answer.
How you will use the wheels or which kinds of surface you can use the wheels totally depends on the hardness or the smoothness of the wheels.
- For instance, if you are using such wheels that come with a 78A - 79A durometer, then these are soft wheels. You can use these wheels for outdoor skating and slippery indoor floors.
- On the other hand, harder wheels that come with 90A - 103A durometer are ideal for use on sticky indoor floors. If the durometer number of the wheels is less, then the wheels are softer. If the number is high, then the wheels are harder.
Softer wheels offer more grip. Sometimes on the slippery surface, the riders need more grip. In that case, picking the softer wheels will be an ideal choice. Suppose, you need to skate on concrete or asphalt or an uncoated slippery surface, then 78A - 90A wheels can fulfill your requirements easily.
Whereas if you are an outdoor skater, then we will recommend you to try 78A wheels. As softer wheels offer more grip, for the entry-level skaters these wheels can be fruitful. They will be able to enjoy a secured ride by using these grippy wheels.
On the contrary, harder wheels are specially engineered for skating on indoor and coated surfaces. These kinds of wheels offer less grip. But if you want to enjoy a speedy ride, then the harder wheels will be a smart pick.
Mainly the pro-level skaters prefer these kinds of wheels. As you will get less floor grip by using these wheels, you can increase your speed easily. For artistic skaters, extremely hard wheels will be advantageous. Because those kinds of wheels permit the skaters to enjoy a smooth spin on tight indoor surfaces.
Here we have given a chart that will assist you to determine the hardness of the wheels based on the skating style.
- 78A - 80A: These ones can be categorized as the softer wheels. These wheels offer enough grip. You can use these soft wheels on slippery surfaces, concrete, and asphalt.
- 84A- 85A: These ones also belong to the soft wheels category. Although such wheels that come with 84A- 85A durometer are considered hybrid wheels.
You can use these wheels for both indoor and outdoor skating. If you are a newbie skater, you can go for these wheels. Along with offering enough grip, these wheels permit the rider to enjoy a mellifluous ride.
- 86A - 89A: These soft wheels can be used on polished concrete and slippery indoor wood.
- 90A - 93A: These wheels are not so hard, and offer normal grip. You can enjoy a smooth rolling experience by using these wheels on medium grippy floors.
- 94A - 96A: If you want to skate on the stickier floors, you can go for these hard wheels.
- 97A - 103A: These wheels are extremely hard and can be used on the roller rink floors, rubberized and sticky gym floors. Those wheels that come with more than 100A durometer rating, belong to the B category. That indicates that these hard wheels are manufactured only for experienced skaters.
2. The diameter of the wheels:
The speed of riding, acceleration, stability all can be affected by the diameter of the wheels. The diameter that is measured in millimeters, determines the wheels' height. Let's check out how the diameter of the wheels can affect your overall skating performance.
Acceleration: Basically, those wheels that come with a small diameter permit the user to accelerate quickly. Because you need not give that much effort to get moved. On the contrary, larger wheels accelerate slowly compared to the other ones.
Roll time and speed: If you want to enjoy speedy riding, then the larger diameter wheels can offer a better overall roll time. Yes, you need to give more effort to move the larger diameter wheels.
But once these wheels start rolling, you need to give less effort to move it fast. That's why, those skaters who want to cover a long distance, prefer taller wheels. On the other hand, smaller wheels require more effort for fast-moving.
Stability: Compared to the larger wheels, smaller diameter wheels are more stable.
The weight of the wheels: Those wheels that come with smaller diameters are light-weight compared to the larger ones. Here we have given a guide that will let you know which diameter of the wheels you need to choose as per your skating style.
- For the freestyle and artistic skaters, 45 mm wheels will be ideal.
- For roller derby, and speedy riding, 57 mm - 58 mm wheels are the exact one.
- 59 mm -62 mm wheels can be used for speedy riding.
- If you want to skate for a long time along with enjoying a speedy ride, 65 mm - 70 mm wheels will be perfect for you. These wheels are mainly used for outdoor skating.
3. The weight of the wheels:
Your overall state's weight is dependent on the wheels' weight to a great extent. If you purchase heavy wheels, these will offer more traction. But you will face difficulties while making moves and turns.
On the other hand, the lighter wheels permit the riders to take smooth moves and faster turns whenever they want. If you are a moderate level skater, then you can go for the lighter wheels. But sometimes, you may feel less stable while using the lighter wheels. That's why, for beginners, lighter wheels can be ideal. Because these ones offer enough stability.
4. Check the contact patch:
The width of the wheel is considered as the size of the wheels. The contact patch is indicated on such a portion of the wheel that remains in contact with the skating surface. It is the portion of the wheels that touches the ground. Your overall skating speed and the grip you will get can be affected by the contact patch.
If the contact patch is wider, then you will get more grip. Thus, you will be able to enjoy a stable performance. Although these ones are heavier. That's why it will be tough for you to make faster movements.
On the other hand, narrower contact patches offer less stability. But these ones are lighter in weight and allow the riders to quick moves, and turns.
Here, we have given a chart that will let you know how to determine the wheel profiles.
- 31 mm wheels: These ones are super narrow wheels. As these ones are extremely light-weight, you can get a lot of agility by using these wheels. Although if we compare these wheels with the wider one, then we can conclude by saying that these 31 mm wheels are the least stable. Furthermore, these wheels offer less grip.
- 35 mm wheels: Although these ones are too lighter wheels. But compared to the previous one, these ones offer more stability and grip.
- 38 mm wheels: You can get an incredible balance of agility, and grip by using these slim wheels. These ones permit the rider to enjoy a stable performance.
- 48 mm wheels: These ones belong to the category of super wide wheels. You can get a better grip and enjoy stable riding by using these ones. Although these wheels are heavier and offer less agility.
5. Check the lips of the wheels:
Basically, skate wheels come in three different lip styles. These are: squared, rounded, and chamfered. The edge or the lips of the wheels can affect the gripping ability to a great extent. The very edge of the wheels is considered as the lips.
Compared to the other wheels, square lips come with a straight drop and maximum contact patch. These kinds of wheels offer more grip. Most of the artistic wheels come with square lips.
Whereas rounded lips offer less traction compared to the previous one. There are a variety of rounded lips. Mainly in the outdoor wheels, rounded lips are used. You can get more cruising, and sliding ability by using these kinds of wheels.
Although these kinds of wheels offer less grip. Keep in mind that if the lips are configured in a more square design, then you will get more traction. On the flip side, if the wheels' lips are more round, you will get less grip.
6. Check the hub of the wheels and the core components:
How fast the wheels will be rolled depends on the hub of the wheel and the core material. The inner part of the wheels is considered as the wheel's core or hub. In this place, the bearings remain snapped. Whereas the cores consist of three materials. These are Nylon, Aluminum, and hollow.
Nylon cores: These wheels are extremely light in weight. You can get these ones at a pocket-friendly price. Most of the time, these wheels are designed in a spoked pattern. Although these wheels can be categorized as the slower wheels. As a result, if you use these skate wheels, your overall ride will be slower.
Aluminum cores: Among the hub materials, aluminum is the robust and most rigid one. Although these ones are heavier, and costly too. This stiffer core helps the wheels to roll for a long time. As these wheels are more round in shape, you will not get much traction.
Hollow cores: According to the performance, these ones can be categorized between the nylon and aluminum types. Compared to the aluminum one, hollow cores are light-weight. For long rolls, these wheels can be an ideal pick.
7. The tread of the wheels:
A lot of skaters think that tread helps the wheels to offer a better grip. But it's not like that. Nowadays, urethane is used to design most of the wheels. That's why, when the wheels get heated up, it will offer more grip.
Now, you may think what's the role of the tread. So, here is the answer to your question. When you just put on the skates, the wheels don't heat up then. At that time, the extra tread will come to help.
The extra tread helps to keep you stable at that time. Remember, the softer wheels get heated up fast compared to the harder wheels. That's why softer wheels offer better grip.
8. The weight of the skater:
The bodyweight of the skater determines how the wheels can react, and how the performance will be.
- If a skater weighs more than 200 lbs, you can get a better grip from a wheel compared to the average skater. In that case, you need to go for the higher durometer wheels.
If you are heavyweight, and skating on the 90A wheels, then we will recommend you to go for 92A wheels. Because the extra weight can create more pressure on the wheels. So, the wheels may get sunk into the surface.
- If your weight is over 200 lbs, then you need to go for such wheels that come with a more rigid core. Because your wheels can flex more due to your weight. In that case, we will recommend you to follow for aluminum core wheels. These ones are very rigid and can offer you stable riding.
- On the flip side, your weight is less than 100 lbs, then you need to follow the reverse that was recommended above. So, if you purchase 92A wheels, then your weight will not press the wheels down that much. You can use any type of core such as aluminum, nylon, or hybrid.
9. The skating style you prefer:
You should know that different wheels are made for different usages. So, you need to determine first for which purpose you need to use your skateboard. There are a lot of wheels available in the market that are manufactured for specific skating styles. So, you can choose the skate wheels as per your skating style.
10. Color of the wheels:
For a few skaters, the color of the wheel is an important factor. Although color doesn't affect the rolling ability of the wheels. But for a lot of skaters exterior looks matter.
Those who want to give their skateboard an eye-catching look can choose such wheels that are available in several colors. But make sure that you are not compromising the performance of the wheels while focusing on the colors.
11. Cost of the wheels:
Obviously, the cost is a very big factor. Nowadays wheels are available in several price ranges. If you are on a tight budget, then you can go for such wheels that are available under $30. But remember, if you want to pay less, and get superior quality products, then it's impossible dear.
An average cost of a good set of wheels is near about $80. Although a few wheels are there that are very expensive ($150). So, now it totally depends on you. Decide how you want to use the wheels, and how important the quality of the product is to you. Then go for your desired wheels.
We have given here our top choices from the reputed brands as per the quality and performance. The products that are present in this Best wheels for outdoor roller skating list are robust and long-term usable.
But remember dear, after how long you need to replace the wheels, totally depends on your usages and maintenance. That's all for today. Still, if you have any queries, do ask us. We will answer your questions as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can you put outdoor wheels on indoor roller skates?
You should buy skate wheels for a specific skating style. Although a few skaters switch the wheels and use them both for indoor and outdoor. Indoor wheels come with a harder durometer compared to outdoor wheels. But, we will recommend you not to put outdoor wheels on indoor roller skates. It may damage your skate shoes, and hamper your skating experience too.
Q. Where can I buy outdoor roller skate wheels?
You can purchase the wheels via online shopping. In that case, Amazon, Flipkart are very reliable shopping sites. Although you can visit your local skate shops. But if you purchase online, you will get a few advantages.
For example, you can compare the price range and features of several products. And decide which one will be perfect for you. Along with this, you will be able to know what's the opinion and views of the customers after using the product. If you purchase from online shopping sites, you can also get offers on specific products.
Q. What size are outdoor roller skate wheels?
For outdoor skating, wheels that come in 60mm -70mm diameter and 32mm - 42 mm width will be ideal. For artistic skaters, 55 mm - 65 mm wheels that come with 30 mm - 31 mm will be a great pick.
Q. What wheels are good for street roller skating?
The Best Roller Skate Wheels for Street skating are:
Radar Roller Skate Wheels.
Moxi Classic Outdoor Roller Skates wheels.
Pacer Mach 5 Speed Roller Skate wheels.
Sure-Grip Outdoor Aerobic Wheels.
Radar Wheels Roller Skate Wheels.
Firefly Store New Lightup Roller Skate Replacement Wheels.
Sonar Wheels Zen Quad Roller Skate Wheels.
Reckless Wheels Roller Skate Wheels.
Q. How long do roller skate wheels last?
It totally depends on how often you skate, and how you maintain the wheels. Rotating, and cleaning the wheels help to enhance the lifespan of them. Although you can swap the skate wheels after two to three months.
Hi. I’m Sonia. I’m a sports lover. Sport is inextricably linked to my life. Among all of the sports, skating is my first priority. I’m a skater myself. And I have been associated with skating for a long time. So as a sports lover or a skating lover, the experience I have acquired, I want to share that attaining knowledge with everyone through my articles. If you feel pleased and satisfied with my articles, then you can like and share my articles. It will encourage me a lot to write in this niche.